Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I, ME, MYSELF: Raqesh Bapat!

                                                          

Rangmunch: What is missing in your life at the moment?

Raqesh: Peace of mind because I am too much of a thinking person. My life is actually on a accelator mode, always moving on. I'm a very creative person and with that thought my mind runs in all direction all the time. I kinda wanna achieve everything before I leave this world.

Rangmunch: What would you change about yourself?

Raqesh: Again would like to change the fact that I think too much. I would like to put breaks on my thinking too much. Rest I’m very happy with the way things are. I think I’m God’s special child and I do feel blessed for what I have in life. Yes, I do get angry and at times it leads to a very drastic situation, so I would like to change that aspect of my life.

Rangmunch: What is your biggest fear?

Raqesh: My biggest fear is the fear of losing my talent. I’m a painter and a sculptur. The day I can't do any of those things is the day I would completely  freak out. So yes, the biggest fear is losing what I love to do.

 
Rangmunch: What is the craziest thing you have done for your wife?

Raqesh: Well, its not been long since we have been married. But I love to surprise her. Since her birthday happened a while back, I thought of gifting her  a new wardrobe. She keeps complaining that I have more clothes than her, so finally she has no reasons to complain now (smiling at her).

(Ridhi Dogra, his wife who was right next to him, said he shops all clothes for her. Its  obvious that she is completely in love with her husband. Her smile says it all. She also further reveals that he has amazing tastes in clothes and that she totally enjoys being pampered by him )


Rangmunch: So do you let other people's negativity affect you?


Raqesh: No, not at all. I personally feel there is no negative elements in the world unless you let them happen. It is very important to be positive as there is loads of negative vibes all around one self. Your mind is like a sponge which absorbs all good and discards all bad. I really connect and disconnect  very fast. If the aura and vibes around me  are  not healthy, I would not let myself be in that situation.

Rangmunch : Do you stand up for yourself?

Raqesh: Always… rather all the time. One should fight for the right cause. Its their natural right in doing so. I also stand up for the people whom I love. I can't take injustice.

Rangmunch: What are you proud of?

Raqesh: I’m proud to have great people around me. Be it friends or family, I’m very proud of that fact. I do fight with them but in the end I love them a lot.

Rangmunch: Do you read a lot?

Raqesh: No, I do not. As a child I suffered great dyslexia. Reading was a problem and I used to find words all jumbled up. Infact I have given most of my exams orally. My mom, being a teacher helped me understand a lot orally cause that was very easily comprehended.

Rangmunch: The movie 'Taare Zameen Par' must be very close to your heart?

Raqesh: Oh yes!!! I was exactly like Eshaan. It was shocking when I saw that film. Its like me in the movie (laughing it out).

Rangmunch: Do you take time out for yourself?

Raqesh: All the time. As I said I do a lot of painting and many other extra activities. So ya, I do definitely take time out for myself. I keep my mind pro-active all the time so that helps too.

Rangmunch: One thing you are grateful for in life?

Raqesh: This life for sure. I’m grateful to God for giving me this life. 

That was Raqesh Bapat aka Aditya of  Maryada...Lekin Kab Tak on Star Plus. Hope you enjoyed getting to know him a little bit more. We promise to get more from this Maryada camp!

Interviewed by
Swati Ghosh
Niharika Vidya Sagar

Edited by
Navyanka Varma

1 comment: