Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fan Speak: It still feels magical and gives me butterflies to this day. Amna Khan!


All the Old members of the Geet facebook page who had joined at the very beginning would remember Amna Khan very fondly. She was one of those few members who won over hearts with her witty sense of humour and sensitivity. She was as popular as the administrator of the page. Her posts would instantly draw crowd and in numerous comments would pour in no time. 

Today even though Amna is no longer an active member on the Geet page and the newbies may not know her, but she still reminences her days on the Geet forum and agreed to share her experience on Rangmunch.TV.

"I’d had a few upsets in early 2010, had lost myself and was going through depression when in May I came upon Geet. I was completely hooked in a few seconds of watching it and have never been so crazy about a show like I was for Geet. The old Geet fans know my level of “crazy” for the show LOL. This simple TV drama actually got me out of my slump and made me happy… happiness truly does come from simple pleasures. I made new friends online on the GEET facebook page that are still with me, I started dressing up again and taking better care of myself; going out more with family and friends; even had the guts to finally start dating again after almost a decade. Sure, I may not have solved all my problems or gotten lucky in love but the happiness and exuberance I felt while watching the show actually lives on today, in that I do not need the show anymore because I found myself again! I also feel that rather than looking for love I should just keep on living life to the fullest and enjoying myself until one day, while running around living fabulously, I’ll collide with “the man” that is even beyond my wildest dreams, or should I say the Maan! (Pun intended)" 


My favorite scene will always be when they first introduced Maan’s character. When he saves Geet by pulling her out of the water, that moment where he tells her to shut up was marvelous and so cute too. Time stood still as they stared at each other, I could see a mixture of emotions from confusion to intrigue to bewilderment and obviously electric attraction! It still feels magical and gives me butterflies to this day.

15 comments:

  1. Love That Scene...
    Maaneet has Magic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on Amna, Swati :D Amna always brought humor and fun to the Geet page in the olden glory days when we were all crazy about Geet and couldn't wait to read updates and catch the show. Her desire for "maaneet badnaami" could never be forgotten:)) All flocked to the page whenever she came around. She is one of my closest friends from those days and why wouldn't she be:D We share the same birthday hahaha :))
    Love you Amna, looking forward to seeing you for our Geet final party on the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Amma i had a depression and life not so good ..GHSP gave me the inner spirit to live my life and be happy .. Hopeful Find my Maan.Which I have not yet , but still looking .. .Geet show me that why should we have to live your to way society want you to .Her strength and Self steam and bubbly natural. Always make me smile and Happy . Maan is the sweet ,Caring ,Hardworking man .His love for Geet is so pure and went beyond life . It made you feel that why is there notmen like him who love you for what you are .... This show will always be close to my heart ..Even write this i had tears on my Eyes .. GHSP gave me so much that i can't even put in to words ...But GHSP was the mediation to make me better . I thank you from the bottom of my heart Gurmeet & Drashti , 4lions Films for Giving me back my life .. thank you for much . One day i will find my Maan .... thx you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still remember your posts amna. Merry gold old days will never be back but we will always cherish the moments. There are so many issues n our personal life that we deal with and its so true that we forget all n all as soon as we watched geet and later on discussed on Geet Page.

    well written with sharing your emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I love this, thanks so much Swati and thanks for all ur comments guys, it truly was a lovely journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so true for a lot of us it wasn't just a show it was a learning experience and taught us how to never give up and start living again thank you geet

    ReplyDelete
  7. i still remember AMNA's badnaami posts which was worth reading always ..tht were the best ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaa my story is almost the same...was going through a bad patch in life...somewhere running away...nd thn geet hapnd.....geet promos whr actually the one that caught my attention...i actually started watching it only aftr"hum tum ek kamrae mein"...thn i got completely hooked up....i wasnt internet person nor do i use my laptop unlike others...i used to crib during my college to use it for my assingnments nd projects....sirffing net was a big no no for me...well things do change rite...i started sirffing net only coz of geet....thn joined fb...got into india-forums ..thn fanfictions hapnd..which got me into the world of reading..the ffs nd geet became my life...nd started living my life again...living every sec to the fullest....

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can understand ur emotions dear i wish starone ko yeh samjh ata

    ReplyDelete
  11. We truly miss u Amna babes ;))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saved all the story posts I wrote for Geet... Didn't know I was so good at writing, but only because I was inspired by such a great show!

    Miss u too Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember Amna :) Your stories were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl! I was dying to see your writeup princess. Where art thou O stranger :-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amna How are you , I Think you are Fine.But I Want To See you .
    I Am MOHD JUWEL by name from the Live, i am 25 yrs old,
    working in a Rent a cars, United Arab Emirates
    single and never married, tell me also about your self

    E-mail : juwel501@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete