Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fanspeak: It was instantly my motherly instinct to know about GEET!

Have you ever known of a show that has brought fans and people in the craft in close contact with one another? Geet among other things that it did to various people, made friends out of fans. There are many stories that can be told of how an actor and a viewer first got in touch exchanging compliments and thank you notes, but subsequently became friends. 

Today we present you a fan account of Rakhee Bedi James who lives in US and is a well known name on the GEET Facebook page, we would like to thank Rakhee for sharing her account of her association with Geet. Little does Rakhee know however that there is a little surprise waiting for her as we publish this write up she sent us.

So here you go Rakhee, and for the rest of you, we hope, you enjoy this journey from a fan. You are free to share yours right here with us on Rangmunch.TV

video

Rakhee with her son Ethan
Personally, I am not an avid Indian soaps watcher but in June 2010, I saw my 7 yr old son Ethan imitating few karate kind of moves and later found that he has been copying MSK. It was obvious with my motherly instinct I needed to know more about “Geet Hui Sabse Parayi.” I instantly was hooked to this show. 

GHSP is a show that is closer to my heart for several reasons and one of them is showing the social cause of honor killing. Being an NRI, I have seen girls suffering like Geet in real life within or out of my social circle. I bow down with respect to the Production House 4Lions Films including Gorky, Nissar Parvez & Gul Khan, as they took a huge risk to show this on Indian Television. Hats off to the lead actress, Drashti Dhami who took this role of “Geet” as a challenge & did justice to the character of Geet. Gurmeet Choudhary as “Maan” knew the story revolved around the lead woman and according to that, he fulfilled his Role as well. Their on-screen chemistry is an icing on the cake for this show. 

This is the first time we fans were able to discuss episodes with the makers and the actors of the show. Thanks to the entire Cast and Crew for interacting with us.

I am thankful to 4 Lions for creating the Face book page of “GEET” where we have fans from all over the world. I have not met any of them physically but feel the connection of heart through this show. Geet became my “entertainment life saver” during my hospital visits last year as I had major knee surgery & was on bed for 8 to 9 weeks. I met few wonderful lifetime friends through this page and saw few souls turning into professional writers leaving their highly paid corporate positions. It amazing to see how people forget their own personal issues once they come on this page and start discussing about Geet. This show has encouraged and motivated me to fight for this noble cause in real life. A few of us have decided to create a Facebook page that would include appropriate information on lawyers, counselors, women shelters, NGO's for women worldwide, to deal with social issues like this. We are hoping to reach our goal soon.

Geet Hui Sabse Parayi & the talented hot couple fondly known as “Maaneet” will always stay in my heart as the show comes to end on December 16th 2011. 

Jhappiz & Pappiz to entire GHSP team. 

Rakhee

Note: You can also email us your Geet story at rangmunch.tv@gmail.com

13 comments:

  1. i just want to say how much i am going to miss my daily dose of geet. this show taught me that no matter what life throws at you you can carry on with a possative attitude that life will always have it's up's and downs as i have personally seen in my life but this brought back my fighting spirit which sometimes we forget we have thanks to geet and drashti because she doesn't seem any different in real life with her love of life and possativity so i don't think anything will keep drashti down for long and gurmeet absaloutely rocks hope you bring them back in season 2 or a new show. star one has lost the jewel in its crown hope they find it again on star desh but personally for me nothing will ever beat G.H.S.P so all my love to cast and production team and channel

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH Rangmanch TV, you all gave us the surprise of lifetime. Ethan watched lucky's video and started jumping up and down. I remember he saw this Abercrombie TShirt for his idol MSK aka Gurmeet and wanted to buy. He saved his pocket money for 6 months and bought the T Shirt & matching bracelet. Thank you Ahwaan aka Ethan's Ironman. You made Ethan's day.

    We will miss the show and Happy that its ending in happy note. Thanks to GHSP team & production house once again. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. shud i........... errm no..... mebbe i shud......... but mebbe nai rehne deti...... *tries to prise hands away from keyboard* ....... aargh!!

    but seriously buaji............ motherly instinct??!! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have somthing similar experience to share, I also has passed toughest time of my life as Gurti/maneet n show was there, this show has given me so much streaghnt to fight agains odds, have given so much happiness, whenever me upset or stressed or aggressive due to any xyz reason,just watching maneet scene n this show on youtube n feel so relax, due to personal issues I was not able to sleep in night I used watch maneet scene n geet episode whole on youtube to get me relax not ony few time its around 8-9 month I passed on watching this show n spent my time on GEET FB, here made so may friends form all over the wolrd, never thought my friend will be from pakistan , if pak -inidan guy's will come hre n see there is no diff between ppl, we never felt we are not from same contry, such worderful experience me having over here in geet page n I found pakies main bhi to wahi dil hai wo bhi wahi sochte hai jo hum sochte waha bhi ache insaan hai yaha bhi, we are are humen just being doenot matter kis place se hai ,my recent experience want to share here I don't know I should share or not but feel as I touched by this moment so much so sharing, in GEET FB, we are praying together at particular time to get back show n maneet/gurti together time we all remebering all God hindues muslims n christian gurunanakji n sabhi bhagwaan ko hum milker yaad karte , I never can imagine we have done this for a show or a actors, this was amzing n best moment of my life even all fans life they are doing such things, this show is spreading so much love between the ppl of different religion. we pround to be Maneet /gurti fans love gurti/maneet n show, you two has created history , never ever forget you love you geet team to give us so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya geet show ki vaje se hi hum dost banethe "GEET FB PE".....meri saare dost world wide..h e sab geet ki vaje se hi possible huva h...now a days my 11 YEARS son also enjoying baagham baag ...track.MERA BETA NDTV RAMAYAN DEKTE TAB B RAM KO MAAN KI BOLETE...AAJ KAL BACCHOM KO B MAAN PASAND AANE LAGA....MUJE LAGTHA H KI SHOW END NAHI HOTHE..HOGAI THO HAMARI ZINDAGI SE EK HISSE KO KHODENGE....PLZ WE CONT IMAGINE OUR DAILY LIFE WITH OUT MAAN N GEET...HAMARI DAILY DUTY SHURU HOTHI H GEET SE END B GEET SE SHOW DEKNE K BAAD GEET FB SAARI DOSTOM SE MILK STORY LINE DISCUS KARE SOJAATE H YAAR...ETHNI LAGAAV H GEET SE HUM KO....AISE SHOW KO MAI ABI TAK NAHI DEKA SOCIAL MESSAGE B H ES ME...NOKE JOKE N CUTE ROMANCE B H....E KATAM NAHI HOGI ...EN CASE HUYE THO MAI THO YAHI KAHOON GI ALVIDA TV SHOWS...LOVE U MANEET.4R EVER''''''''''''''''''''''''

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow rakhee very truely said, thanks a lot rangmuch for the article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful article ..... Loved it so much !!!
    Superb !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank u so much for this article .one thing i have to say that geet is not a serial but it is part of our life. this serial give us more friends all over the world. through social net work and also though social message. for us.jab koyi apni jindagi mi dhok kahani ki bad naya thara si jindgi ji sak thi vo dhekaya hi geet mi. ek ladki jo apni life mi jo kisi bhi mushkil ko kisi himmat si samana kar na chahi yi vo dhekya is serial mi.jo ladki apni bacchi ko naya jidagi deni kiliyi sari duniyasi lad sak thi vo dhek ya hi is mi.aur tho aur maan jisa jeevan sathi tho bhuth kam logo ko milthi hi. maan aur geet ki tom and jerry fight hami apni ghar mi jo chal rahi vo yad athi hi vo noke joke rute na manana.jo har pati aur pathni ki beech ho thi hi.mera 3 year old son jab bhi tv pi Gc aur dd ko dhek kar mahi mahi keha tha hi aur vo jav bhi dd ko dhek kar kehatha hi ki mummy geet see geet.ithana papular hi e serial it part of our lifs's sir .Gc and DD ki acting ko hum apni shir jhuka ki salam kar thi hi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowowo thats true we all r frnds even we never met each pther just bcoz of geet love u maneet i wish star one understand this emotional attachment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my good god BUIE WOW. The word that keeps on repeating is WOW.Very very well said and Buie even i m jumping after listening to what Ahwan had to say about you and Ethan. Well firstly let me compliment the picture of yours And Ethan.You both look so adorable(kisi ki nazar na lage).Secondly yes even I want to thank the GEET team for a fabulous show and most importantly thank you 4 LIONS for casting Drashti Dhami as Geet Handa. Thank you.I second each and every word of yours Buie. It was entirely a woman oriented show and thanks to Drashti Dhami she literally gave her everything for this role and the show. She is indeed beauty personified but every inch of Drashti's performance in this show was conviction personified. No one absolutely no one could have resurrected the role of Geet as done... by Drashti. Thanks to GEET facebook page that i met you and few of my other friends whom I am gonna cherish for my life. Its been a phenomenal journey altogether. Today I would like to thank my mother and my sisters because they were pretty much instrumental in introducing me to this show ( well they were the ones who literally made me watch the show , but getting addicted to the show was my karma, LOL).
    Now that the show is ending and well I am happy that the show is ending on a happy note just like I wanted and this has been the only Indian show what I have watched religiously and would continue to do so till the very end of this show and the person who has held me all long to this show is Drashti DHAMI. Thank you so much for doing geet and gifting us with such powerful performances.

    The concept of honor killing which is quite prevalent in india was showed with the sensitivity the subject deserves and Buie I am gonna support you in your noble cause . THank you the entire TEAM of GEET team which includes all the directors especially Nissar, MAan Singh, Noel smith, Rahul agarwal and Sundeep sharma, the producers of course 4 LIONS , Gul khan, NIssar , Gorky of course( buie aapke liye), the technicians, the DOP Hrishikesh da, The Editor Ganga kacharla. Now the actors.The first and foremost has to be the GEET OF THE SHOW DRASHTI DHAMI and the rest of the cast out of which my favourites would be Anju ji , Samir Sharma , Ahwan kumar, Mamaji and not to forget , last but definitely not the least is our very own VIKAS SETHI. HE gave the character flesh and blood .Thank you all and thank u BUIE AND ETHAN.
    Finally I would like to say thank you to geet FB page and the founder of FB MARK ZUCKERBERG bcos of whom I found you BUIE. THANK YOU ALL. I also found certian great friends whom I m gonna cherish for the rest of my life thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love Geet, Maaneet,GurTi
    I Will Miss them Badly..
    I Want to see Maaneet on Star Desh..

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear raghumunch tv,
    thank u soo much fr letng me a chance to share smthng wit u...had no sleep frm da day i heard of geets end..my heart z beatng tooo much faster n m unable to console my self as m going to loose an important part of my body n soul...geet made my lyf i tel u...it jus made me live...derz nthng in my lyf xcept maneet,gurti n dono wats gona hapen if it ends...if i dont watch maneet gurti fr 1 day my mood starts swinging n i feel lyk depressed...i lov dem frm da core of my heart...i jus cant liv wit out watchng GHSP..cozz its my lyf til nw.....watever ders nothng left n its fixed tat GEET wil end....bt being a die hard fan of gurti dont u guys thnk i can wish to watch dier combined interview...ds wil b ofcourse my oly fantacy...cozz dey mean a lot to me..i hav watched da sbs n sbb seg's today n got realy depressed as both of dem r dancing seperately n gav seperate interviews..why z ds happening..its pricklng hard n i cried louder watchng it..why dont dey understand fans feelngs...watever finally i kam up to u guys...atleast i hope ul pass ds message to my "gurti"....GURTI plzz need a joint interview of urs...plzz i beg u..hope ul consider my last wish...plzzz .....

    thanking u RAGHUMUNCH HOPE UL CONSIDER MY EMAIL...PLZZ FEEL DA PAIN OF A 21YEARS OLD GAL WHOZ A DIE HARD FAN OF GURTI NW N WIL REMAIN SO FOREVER

    ReplyDelete