Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fanspeak: Kurbaan Hua was Poetry in Motion-Niharika Sonti

For me, this show has really lived up to its name. It was a like a song whose tune had me enchanted and mesmerised and evoked a plethora of emotions - love, pain, angst, laughter. I was introduced to this show quite by accident by one of school friends and my namesake Niharika Vidyasagar. 

I watched a few of the old episodes out of curiosity, but the one scene that truly captivated me was the song sequence "Kurbaan Hua"

If I had to describe that scene, I would say it was "poetry in motion". There have been many song sequences before and after that in the show that I have enjoyed, but to me "Kurbaan Hua" will always remain the most special one of all of them. Though it pains me to know that the show is ending, I feel heartened by the fact that the magic of our favourite pair can be relived by catching all the episodes online or in the form of fan fictions. I will forever be grateful to this show and its entire cast and crew (and of course my friend) for giving me some wonderful memories to cherish and relive the years to come.

Niharika Sonti

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised that people haven't commented on this masterpiece more.

    ReplyDelete