Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fan Speak: Geet HSP is my ‘Kismat Konnection’ - Shakeela!


I do not think I will be able to truly describe what my time with Geet has meant, as most words will fall short in comparison to the weight and depth of my emotions, but nevertheless, here goes...

Looking back at my journey with Geet, brought back a flood of memories, that are truly priceless and which will remain with me forever. It took me back to the days when GEET Facebook page would be totally buzzing with nothing but sheer fun and uncontrollable laughter. I remember how everyone would anxiously wait for the days episode to air and by the end GEET wall would be flooded with thousands and thousands of posts; some hyperventilating over the ‘hotness’ and ‘sexiness’ of Maan Singh Khurana, others admiring the courage and adoring the beauty of Geet Handa, not to mention the ones where the pure romance and the sizzling chemistry between Maan and Geet would make everyone go “Mahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii”; we had our daily takes on the episodes too written by some very talented people, also posts screaming with bucket loads of gaaliyans “GEET Kyun???…bleep bleep bleep...UFF”, and my favourite, the ones that were full of humour, masti and TOTAL FALTU BAQWAAS. Off course along with all the fun and laughter we had our moments of bickering too, but that’s how it was ‘Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham’.

The one scene that has always been my favourite is the one just after Where’s The Party Tonight’s dance sequence, right from their hug to when Geet rejects Maan - Although momentarily, but for the first time Geet and Maan embraced each other wholeheartedly, letting go of all their inhibitions and for me this was their first ‘real’ hug, where they connected together as ‘one’, as Maaneet. I loved the intensity of the scene that followed the hug, how Geet fought within herself; how she defied her heart by pushing Maan away and how that one jhatka left Maan crushed, hurt, rejected and to an extent guilty. There was a whole pick n mix of emotions; be it love, passion, turmoil, hurt, pain, sorrow, guilt, resistance, desperation, anger; The streams of emotions depicted by the two were simply outstanding, not to mention Barry Dhillion’s absolute best dialogues, some of my most favourite. It was also in this very scene where we got one of our much loved famous MSK dialogue “Tumhe farq padhta hai”.

To me Geet HSP is my ‘Kismat Konnection’, for it was due to Geet that I for the first time stepped into the world of virtual communities and found myself a second home (my adda), a second family. It connected me with so many wonderful and amazing people across the globe who are now a part of my world outside of this virtual empire. Geet inspired me to write and bring about smiles and laughter to many on the page; and for that I would forever be grateful to the makers of Geet for giving us a masterpiece and above all to the Almighty who blessed me with such a fate.

Geet Hui Sabse Parayi is a very special chapter of my life, which for me will never end; it will continue to live in my heart every day. It has become an addiction, good or bad, but I find myself unable to let go, so for me it’s time to rewind to episode one again. I can only hope that I get to see my favourite jodi Gurmeet and Drashti once again creating magic together on screen, until then I leave singing these few lines…

“Tum ko bhi hai khabar…Mujhko bhi hai pata…Ho raha hai judaa…Dono ka raasta…Dur jaake bhi mujhse…Tum meri yaadon mein rehna…Kabhie alvida naa kehna…Kabhie alvida naa kehna…Kabhie alvida naa kehna...Kabhie Alvida Naa Kehna……………….……Kabhie alvida………naa kehna”

By the way, I take back what I said about me being ‘lost for words’, after all this is what I am known for!

Jhappizzzzzzzz te pappzzzzzzzz to all Geet Fans!!! 

Shakeela Ud-Din 

15 comments:

  1. shakuuuuuuuuuuuu me first here also jaanu ..mwahhhhhhhhh...now don't make me in tears ...GEET THE MASTPIECE HAPPENED TO US ..MADE BY A BUNCH OF MAGICIANS AND PORTRAYED BY 2 EXCEPTIONALLY TALENTED PPL IN ROMANCE..gurmeet /drashti take a bow 4 making GEET AND MANEET worth watching ...will miss geet a lot and will always be a sweet memory in mind.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. jhappissssssssssss and pappisss shakkkuuuuu... through geet i found u all.. the best part of my lifee... i won't ever forget this magical experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW U have got me crying buckets even though I was trying not to!

    Shak-a-lak-a baby Huggsssssssssss! beautiful write up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesomeeeeeeeeeeee shakuuuuuuu luv u alot
    we will miss MAANEET and GEET serial alot
    this serial gace me sooooo good frnds which i never forget and this is the big reason for me i love GEET serial alot <3 u alllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shakes .... Super article .. Loved it .. Yes lots and lots of us have many FIRSTS as far as GHSP is concerned ... GURTI is concerned .. they have become an inseparable part of us which we ALL will carry to our graves .. NOT SEEING THEM TOGETHER will take a LOT of getting used to though .. but WE WILL SURVIVE .. :'(

    AB TEREE BIN JEELEENGEE HUM... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so difficult to let go! I never thought that I will be so emotionally attached to a show and to the actors of the show. I have been reading such beautiful experiences of so many people while on this journey of Maan and Geet. All of us have a story to tell. I watched Geet on and off for a few weeks in the beginning and then entered Maan Singh Khurana and I was hooked. I was going through a very challenging time physically. Geet gave me the courage to get up in the morning and face the day, Maan gave me the belief that good,nay amazing people, still exist in this world and Maan and Geet together gave me hope that anything is possible, that love can conquer each and every obstacle, that unconditional love takes you to a sublime place where you experience divinity. For me Geet has been a very uplifting experience. It will always remain in my heart as my one of the most cherished memory. Gurmeet and Drishti have done an amazing job. Their purity of being comes across very clearly. Thank you so much all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shaku Rani, I remember all the fun we used to have on your hilarious takes after the epis. You are one funny girl ,I really enjoy your joy for life and your sense of humor. Will certainly miss all that masti, but hope our friendship will last forever. As usual, you made me laugh again with your take on Geet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. shakkuuuuuuuuuuuu <3
    i conquered my ADD and read it all :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome read Shaku …thanks for sharing. It is 'Kismat Konnection' indeed! Imagine making friends across the globe, surpassing barriers of time and space to share thoughts, feelings, viewpoints, even ‘vent’ together in groups of 20 or more all because of a TV Show called ‘Geet Hui Sabse Parayi’. I have thoroughly enjoyed the show (most of the time at least) and will forever treasure the more intense & poignant moments when Maan and Geet literally set the screen on fire. Kudos to Gurmeet & Drashti. Most of all I have made friends with a lot of incredible women of all ages and from various walks of life due to ‘GEET’ and for this am truly thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very nice writeup on GHSP, it has been a great journey with the show that it has got us so attached to the characters, the actors and even as you said made FB our second adda. Hope they both make a comeback soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi to every one
    A very nice article.geet ni hami vo diya hi jo hum log nahi xoch atha ki hum bhi ithani acchi thara comments kar sak thi hi .geet ni tho hamari andar ki vo insan ko bhar laya hi ki hum kisi ki barimi itha accha comment aur acchi kavitha bh lik sak thi hi fb mi tho ek si bad kar ek acchi acchi comment dhek ni ko mithi hi.hope w maan aur geet jo ham si juda huva hi vo thidi time thak hi ki boz we belive that ehy will come back soon with new show as lead pair.hami patha hi ki fans ko vo dispoint nahi karigi.come back soon GC & DD we miss u alot...............

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mwaahhhhhhhhh Shakuuuu Darlinnnn....as usual ur post is the best .....I will never forget ur hilarious essaysssss ....sooo manyy times I think I died laughinggg ....p.s one of my fav disscussions was after Maaneets hip and happening Reception Party ;))))))And No doubt we will NEVER EVER forget GHSP :))) Its has givin us immense happiness during the last 20 months and we can never thank enough the Makers and GURTI ESPECIALLY for giving us this EPIC LOVESTORY OF MAANEET.........Our very own Hoshiarpur Express and Mister Dreamy whose sizzilngggggg chemistry was surely responsible for the last years global warming ;))))))) And how thru this platform we had a blast everyday online....its was literally going to a party everynight ...then an afterparty and on and on and on :))))))) We will surely miss OUR FAVVV PAIR GURTI :((( Hope to see them soon together in a new show Inshallah!!!! So that we can start our Faltu Bakwaas again ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. and forgot to add abt my journey with geet ..it started 4mthe very first episode ..but i get hooked to it when MAAN ..the utmost macho man character ever seen on telivison entered to save geet 4m drowning ..4m tht day to till date have never missed a single episode ..i meant litreallt not a single one ..they made me smile with them ,cry with them ,to see the dream with them and moreover made me fall in romance once again..my day started with geet and ended with it ...covering all the repeats and skipping many parties and dinners at the prime time of show ..the golden days with some of the best ppl on geet wall ...and the most important treasure i got 4m geet ..MY FRIENDS...i will cherish them and the sweetest memory of geet in my whole life.
    koi sach hi kaha ..*ek thi hoshiarpur ki geet aur ek tha delhi ka maan ..milke dono ne poori duniya ko apne jadooo mai giradiya*
    MAANEET/GURTI 4 EVER.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. same here i dnt beleive in love bt started watching geet nw my opinion is dere must b luv in life its vry beautiful feeling....geet has changed my thoughts completely i cn never forget maaneet in my whole life wid whom i spent my last 18 months chahe tv ya internet only maaneet.............never gt tired watchiing geet even thrice in a day luv u maaneet forever remain in my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  15. shakeela! what u wrote is so much similsr to what Ifelt about GEET.... Thanks......just the same feeling nobody can make so much on our life what MAAN/GEET OR SAY MAANEET DONE TO US...............once again thanks

    ReplyDelete